Well blow me down! Your TWO-TIME MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD WINERRRRRRRRRRR has now become a TWO-TIME ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD WINNERRRRRRRRRR also. Combining all awards thus far, that makes me a SIX-TIME BLOG AWARD WINERRRRRRRRRRR!!! Is anybody tiring of my wrestler style introductions of myself yet? Get used to it. Haha.
So two of my favourite fellow bloggers; Mosaicca aka Charlotte and Keri.L; nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. If you aren’t following them then I suggest you click the links and do so. Their writing makes for great reading. Charlotte is always good for an in-depth discussion and doesn’t hold back with her comments (something I really advocate). Keri has supported me greatly from the early days and has selflessly shared my posts on Facebook since we started following one another. Words can’t express how much I appreciate her doing so. My profuse thanks to you both!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and leave a link to their blog.
- Post about the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate, at the most, 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news!!!
So at this juncture, I suppose I’d better hit you all with seven facts about myself. And no; I am not doubling up on facts because I was nominated twice. Buckle up!
- My birthday is the start of the new tax year in the UK. What an exciting date to have my birthday!
- My dream is to retire in Italy and own a vineyard. I don’t know the first thing about producing wine, nor do I speak Italian, but I certainly love to drink wine and I can learn Italian I suppose.
- I passed my driving test in Novemeber 2005 with only one minor fault. I did my lessons for longer than necessary because I wouldn’t take my test until I knew I was ready, despite my instructor saying I was ready for a number of months beforehand.
- I have a genuine loathing for people when I’m out in public, but am really overly courteous with them too. My desire not to be rude overrides any irrational distaste I feel.
- My friend Adam and I had a weird obsession with names we deemed funny back when I was in school. We compiled a list of ‘Jeff Names’ that was about a hundred strong filled with names that amused us. I still find myself amused by certain names to the day. Keith is one. And Ken. Why they amuse me I have never been able to figure out.
- Apple is my most despised brand. The mere sight of that stupid logo and words prefixed with an ‘i’ makes my blood boil. They’re nothing but a fashion accessory. Any true techie will tell you that their products are dreadful. News flash: most fashionable doesn’t mean best!
- If I won a massive jackpot on the Euromillions lottery (let’s say £100m for example) there are three things I would do immediately. First, I would buy Stockport County and bankroll them back into the Football League and beyond. Second, I would buy a derelict building, do it up and turn it into a nightclub whereupon I would hire Shaun Lever as the resident DJ and attempt to coax Stu Allan into doing a once a month special. I’d have to hire my mates Jason Formosa and Stephen Bolton as DJ’s too because they’re class! Third, I would start a record label and book publishing company that run under the one identity. My two passions simultaneously. It’d be awesome. I’d probably end up bankrupt because I’m handling too much at once, but I’d have fun along the way!
Next up is where I have to nominate fifteen people. As usual, I will ignore that number and nominate as many as I can handle. I think I’ll forgo the usual ritual of giving reasons as to why I’m nominating too because I have other writing to be doing and I’m impatient to get on it. Dedication kids! It’s what turns dreams into reality!
Okay, so I nominated fourteen. Not far off fifteen in the end. I’ve nominated you all because your blogs stand out above all others to me. That’s not to say I don’t enjoy the blogs of others, but these fourteen people post consistently good material and deserve a little recognition for it. Congratulations to you all.
That concludes this acceptance post from your SIX-TIME BLOG AWARD WINERRRRRRRRR…PAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUL.EEEEEEEEEEEEE.BAAAAAIIIIIIIILEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY! *Corny entrance music hits, I walk up the ramp all cool and stop at the top to raise my right arm victoriously, the crowd pops wildly, I carry on and walk into the back where a nice cold bottle of Moretti awaits me*